Why Our Work Matters
The demand for inclusive digital products is on the rise. However, tech designers, engineers, and project managers simply aren’t being trained in accessibility skills. As a result, many organizations:
- Struggle to hire and retain individuals with the necessary skills.
- Lack staff to deliver on their current and future accessibility goals.
- Must rely on third-party consultants to fill in the gap.
For the past 20 years, AFB has been a leader in accessibility consulting and helping organizations meet their immediate goals for digital inclusion. With the AFB Talent Lab, we will now provide hands-on accessibility training for the next generation of tech workers while continuing to offer the expert consulting services for which we’re known. Think of it like a teaching hospital—but for tech.
The AFB Talent Lab is a team-oriented experience, bringing together our accessibility experts, interns, apprentices, and organizations that have goals for digital inclusion. The curriculum includes interactive learning modules on the principles of inclusive design, mentorship with accessibility specialists, and hands-on opportunities to develop practical skills through real projects, including accessibility reporting, remediation, guidance, and direct client interaction.
Partner with Us
We need support and feedback from partner organizations to make this new, innovative program a reality. Here are some of the ways your organization can become an AFB Talent Lab Partner:
- Sponsor: Underwrite specific modules and materials or sponsors participants within the program.
- Special Projects: Does your organization have projects that would be appropriate for our students to learn and work on under our supervision? Let us know!
- Development Direction: Review the program and give us feedback so that we can ensure the curriculum is relevant and meets your future workforce needs.
- General Funding: Financial support is always welcome, needed, and deeply appreciated.
As a Funding Partner, your organization will benefit from:
- Access to program graduates—who will be highly trained in digital inclusion and looking for jobs.
- AFB’s cutting-edge digital inclusion consulting services to help move your accessibility goals forward.
- Free access to digital content and training resources for your staff.
- An opportunity to shape the training and development of the next generation of tech workers.
Together, we can create a more digitally inclusive world.
Ready to learn more?
For more information or to schedule a conversation about a potential partnership, please contact the AFB Talent Lab.