On June 22, 2022, the Biden-Harris Administration announced a new initiative to expand the availability of testing options that are more accessible for people who are blind or have low vision. This initiative complements the Administration’s efforts to expand production of more accessible tests and work with private sector partners on the development of new accessible tests.
How to get the tests:
Order online or by calling 1-800-232-0233.
- Each order will include 2 rapid-antigen tests that are more accessible for people who are blind or have low vision.
- Orders will ship free, while supplies last.
What makes the tests more accessible:
The test works with the app to provide:
- Audio step-by-step instructions for administering the test.
- Audio test results.
Who should order these tests:
Because of limited supply, we ask that you only order the more accessible tests if you do not have other options for using the standard COVID-19 tests, such as:
- Receiving help from a household member, family, or trusted friend (in person, or through video calling platforms like FaceTime or Zoom).
- Using assistive technology, such as AIRA or Be My Eyes, to help you take the test and obtain results.
Visit acl.gov/covidtests/accessible for more information.